Resources to Enhance Local Business Listings for Dentists
For small and local businesses, directories and local listings are essential to your visibility within the community—and that includes dental practices. By ensuring your existing listings are accurate and submitting your business to additional directories, you can optimize your visibility to garner more attention and attract new patients. While the concept seems simple, enhancing your local listings can still be challenging to some extent. That’s where we come in!
At VivioSites, we focus on web design, SEO, and social media marketing for dentists. Within our services, we strive to optimize our clients’ sites, promote their practice, and attract new patients. While we can do much of the work for you, we also like to provide our clients with the information and resources necessary in helping themselves, such as enhancing their local listings. To improve your visibility, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the information to follow.
Local Listings Explained
While ensuring your business is in multiple directories and local listings is important, a detailed Google listing is far more beneficial. You see, local results on Google are determined by relevance, distance, and prominence. Google combines these factors to provide the closest match to a user’s search. For instance, Google may determine a business a bit farther away is still a better match based on the user’s search. To get a better idea of how these factors come into play, check out the list below:
- Relevance: Relevance has to do with how closely a local business listing matches a user’s search. This warrants the need for accurate and detailed information in your listing.
- Distance: Self-explanatory, distance is simply based on how far each business listing is from the user’s location. If the user doesn’t include a location, Google will determine the distance using what it can find out about the searcher’s location.
- Prominence: This is based on how popular your business is. For local listings, Google scans the web in search of information like links, articles, and directories to determine prominence. Review counts and positive ratings within those reviews are also a factor in how prominent a business is.
Unfortunately, a business can’t pay for a better local ranking on Google. This means you have to do the work yourself, including detailed information that best matches any user’s search. Fortunately, VivioSites can help.
How to Enhance your Local Business Listing
The first step in improving your local business listing is proving to Google that your business is real. Google determines this by analyzing how often your business name, address, and phone number (NAP) appears across the web. Backlinks are a great way to approach this. In terms of backlinks, the best practice is submitting your business to local and national directories, such as Yelp, Yellow Pages, etc.
You can take numerous measures in enhancing your local business listing. Aside from submitting your business to multiple directories, you can do a little more with your NAP. But that’s not all you can do. Take a look below for more strategies:
- Keep your NAP consistent. Throughout all directories, Google Places, and your website, your NAP needs to match across the board. You can confirm consistent NAP by doing a Google search yourself, contacting any sites in which your NAP is inconsistent.
- Include your NAP on your website. You can add it to the header or footer so it appears on every page a visitor clicks to. Of course, you should always include your NAP on your contact page.
- Embed a Google Map with your location on your contact page. Google can then confirm you are located at the specified address.
Need Help? Allow VivioSites to Lend a Hand!
As you can see, there’s plenty you can do to improve your local business listing, and doing so is sure to increase the visibility of your practice. When things do get complicated, though, VivioSites can help you enhance your listing. Not only that, but we also specialize in SEO, social media, and web design for dentists.
If you’re interested in our quality services, be sure to contact us today! You can also give us a call at 800.227.2513.