It may be hard to believe, but we’re already a quarter of the way through 2017. At VivioSites, we’ve been watching marketing trends so we can report back to you, the dental practice owner, on how to keep your office one step ahead of the competition. So far, there has been one major marketing trend that stands out from the rest: mobile websites.
In the past, mobile websites were recommended, but not required; some people used their phone to locate businesses, while others used their computers and others—it’s hard to believe—still checked the Yellow Pages. That’s old news. According to an article in Search Engine Land, over 60 percent of all web searches are made from a mobile phone![i] With numbers like that, you can be sure that people searching for dental care in your area are using their mobile devices to find practices just like yours.
A dental clinic mobile web site is essentially a condensed version of your existing website. Your mobile website should include the following important pieces of information:
- A tight, concise introduction to your practice. People may be making more mobile searches, but they also tend to stay on those mobile sites for shorter periods of time. Your introduction should be to-the-point, informative, and welcoming—all at the same time.
- An interactive location page. Simply listing your clinic’s address doesn’t cut it anymore. New mobile sites are interactive, and GPS can help navigate future clients directly to your practice.
- List of services. Again, these need to be quick and to-the-point. Some people are looking for one specific service (e.g. routine cleaning, dental X-ray, filling), while others are looking for a general overview of your practice. A quick layout of your many services works for both types of potential clients.
- Dentist biographies. Team profiles are a quick and easy way to personalize your practice. Here you can add information about a dentist’s education background, professional interests, association memberships, personal information and thoughtful quotes.
- Emergency information. When someone is experiencing severe dental pain, they need to find care fast. That’s why your mobile site needs to show them whether or not you offer around-the-clock emergency services. If not, it’s a great idea to refer emergency cases to 24-hour emergency clinics in your area.
Don’t leave your dental practice stuck in the past—it’s time for you to get a mobile site to meet the demands of people in your area! Viviosites has the marketing skills and experience to help create a mobile dental clinic site that ranks high in Google searches and is sure to bring in more clients. Call (800) 227-2513 today for more information!
[i] “Report: Nearly 60 percent of searches now from mobile devices”. Search Engine Land. August 2016. http://searchengineland.com/report-nearly-60-percent-searches-now-mobile-devices-255025